AMTA Maine Chapter Elections and Positions
- Completed one term year as a Chapter Board member within the last three years.
- Completed one term year as a Chapter committee chair or member within the last two years.
- Completed one term year as a National Board member, National Standing Committee Chair, or National Standing Committee member within the last two years.
- AMTA Professional Member (includes Graduate Member) in good standing
- Member for at least one year
- Signed the AMTA Chapter Volunteer and/or Delegate Code of Conduct
- Additional requirements listed under the position to which I’m applying
- Access to computer, phone & internet
- Able to commit for the entire term of office
- Willing and able to commit the time required to fulfill responsibilities
- Able to travel for volunteer activities if required
- Read the position description for the position for which they are applying
Chapter President 2-Year Term
The Chapter President sets the direction and pace of the Chapter’s activities based on the vision that has been determined by the membership, board and other Chapter officers.
Chapter Board Member 2- Year Term
The Chapter Board Member will assist the Chapter President in achieving Chapter goals and implementing the decisions made by the Chapter Board. The Board Member works most closely with all Chapter Board Members and appointees, and the National AMTA staff. Chapter Board Members also communicate with the Chapter members, the Chapter Relations Committee and/or other National Volunteers as appropriate.
Chapter Financial Administrator 1 Year Term
The Chapter Financial Administrator supports the financial operations of the Chapter. They are accountable to the Chapter Board, Chapter members and AMTA National Board by virtue of election.
The Chapter FA works most closely with Chapter Board members and appointees, and the National AMTA staff. They also communicate with Chapter members, the Chapter Relations Committee and Finance staff and/or other National volunteers.
Chapter Secretary 2-Year Term
The Chapter Secretary is the official keeper of the Chapter records and is responsible for recording, maintaining and updating these records during their term of office. The Secretary works most closely with Board Members and appointees and the National AMTA staff. They also communicate with Chapter Members, other Chapter Secretaries, the Chapter Relations Committee and/or other National Volunteers as appropriate.
Chapter Delegate for Assembly of Delegates 2-Year Term
The Delegate represents the massage therapy profession in the Assembly of Delegates (AOD) and related activities as they pertain to the profession in their state.
Applicants for the position of Delegate should be encouraged to consider the following questions when choosing to become a candidate for the position.
What is the context of health and wellness in my state?
Here is the full Position Description