New 2023 Events
We Need Your Town Ordinances see below
Annual Meeting, May 23, 7 pm
Please us gotomeeting app to attend the meeting.
AMTA Maine Chapter Annual meeting
May 23, 2023, 7:00 – 9:00 PM (America/New_York)
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
Access Code: 821-826-005
United States: +1 (872) 240-3212
Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
Your Town Ordinances Needed
- * Does your city/town have specific ordinances referencing either massage therapy or massage parlors?
- * Does your city/town allow massage therapists to operate a home-based business? Who can be employed in a home-based business? Is signage permitted on the exterior of the home? and What level of business traffic is permitted?
- *Does your city/town define “personal services” in a way that appears to include massage therapy as a permitted use?
- *Does your city/town regulate or prohibit adult businesses, including massage parlors?
- *Does your city/town require local licensing or registration of massage therapists, massage establishments, or massage practices?
- *Does your city/town have any ordinances that appear to confuse massage parlors and licensed massage therapy businesses?
- *Whom would you speak with to find out to find out the answers to these questions?
- *Who are your code enforcement officials in your city/town?
- *Who would you go to if you knew there was an illegal massage establishment in your area?
Please Send Your Responses to these Questions and any Online Links to Ordinances to Jessie Greenbaum who is compiling the information. This information will later be available on the chapter website.
Jessie Greenbaum email@example.com
See our EVENTS page for MORE INFO about future trainings, upcoming Meet and Greets online, National Convention These are wonderful ways to stay connected, network, and bring your experiences to others.
Government Relations (GR) Committee Meeting: Sunday, June 11, 2023 at 9 am ZOOM. All are welcome to join in. Contact Tarnya for the Zoom login information.
Board Meetings: The last Tuesday of each month at 7 pm, online via ZOOM Please contact a board member if you would like to attend via Zoom. We encourage Maine members to join us, learn about committees and future activities, which need active donations of time..
Maine COVID-19 UPDATES & RESOURCES
See Covid-19 Maine resources page for latest State Mandates about in-public gatherings and more.
DOCUMENT FOR MAINE LICENSED Massage Therapists and Gov. Janet Mills’s latest statement accelerating vaccination delivery:
UPDATED RESOURCES from AMTA National Site: https://www.amtamassage.org/about/news/covid-19-resources-for-massage-therapists/
Notice to Licensed Massage Therapists
For more information resources, and links check AMTA National website:https://www.amtamassage.org/index.html
We will post others on a separate resources page:
If you would like to volunteer or donate any amount of time to a committee or event
Please contact any board member or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience as one of our volunteer’s replies to your email or message.
We thank you for your membership, involvement, and ideas.